Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Weekly Meeting looks for Safe Refuge





I texted “help me”!
No response is needed she smirked
She painted her lip with a cock of hip
This is why people lose elections damn you!
However,

The cancellations swirl and fall
Like snowflakes
Delicate crystallized wonders of uniqueness
I am sure
If I could but look closer and deeper

Covering us and forming snow
A bright white blanket muffling all sound
Sterile and cold
All those fallen snowflake soldiers
too many now to cry for

Once while hunting high in the mountains
Peering through limbs while I caught my breath
I looked for you and you looked for me
It was snowing so hard I could hear them fail
touching tamarack kissing
hissing

Then,
A small white rabbit at my feet
Perfectly still and yet hysterical with fear
Its black eyes bright
Neither one of us wanted to move


No comments: